It was surveyed as a village in 1840, near the junction of the Diamond Creek and the Yarra River and is home to a densely treed region dubbed ‘the green wedge’ or ‘Melbourne’s lungs’. The main street and shopping area meld city sophistication with country charm. On our tour we get to breathe in the freshness of the native flora and flora while we explore the history and flavours of the local bakers, butchers, coffee makers and restaurants. Relax and stroll through the boutiques, gift shops and book shops as we get to know the traders and learn their stories, some of whom have been there for over 25 years. Don’t forget a shopping bag, you never know what goodies you find to take home with you!
Included in your tour is:
A progressive 3-course meal at 4-5 eateries through the course of the tour, including stories about the history behind the foods and flavours of the shops
- A wander through local spice shops, butchers, and delis sharing their unique history and stories while sampling their delicious foods
- Visit to local retail outlets to browse through the arts and crafts of the region. (subject to opening hours)
- Visits to some of the iconic areas of Eltham
Outside Eltham Station
Tour starts: 5pm
Tour concludes: 8pm
Tour starts: 11.30AM
Tour concludes: 2.30pm
Things to keep in mind:
- This is a walking tour, The walk from the various venues minimal and an easy walk. We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes. It is not fast-paced and comfortable for most people. If you have any mobility challenges, please let us know at the time of booking so we can cater to these accordingly
- If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know at the time of booking. Most allergies and requests are easily catered for with notice.
- This is Melbourne, so rain, hail or shine, we will be walking the streets in almost every weather condition so please come prepared with the correct clothing and umbrellas when needed.
- Vegan options are available please let us know at the time of booking.
Reserve Your Spot